stats about bank
Choctawatchee River & St. Andrews Bay Basin
Permitted by FDEP & USACOE
Forested & Herbaceous Credits Available
location map and service areaView the map
Devils Swamp Mitigation Bank is located north the Intracoastal Waterway and 5 miles east of Choctawhatchee Bay in Bay and Walton Counties, Florida. The bank site is approximately 3,049 acres and is on the line between the St. Andrews Bay Drainage Basin and Choctawhatchee Bay Basin.
RESTORATION AND ENHANCEMENT PLAN
Devils Swamp restoration and enhancement plan will include the following activities:
- Reduce woody shrubs and planted pine density;
- Decrease bedding impacts caused by historic silviculture activities;
- Implement intensive restoration and management prescribed burn plan;
- Install low-water crossings;
- Exotic and nuisance vegetation control; and
- Supplemental planting.
These restoration activities will restore, enhance, and preserve sandhill, mesic flatwoods, bog, dome swamp, wet prairie, and seepage stream habitats.
Wet prairie/wet flatwoods and cypress/mixed forested credits are available to offset impacts in portions of St. Andrews Bay Drainage Basin and Choctawhatchee River and Bay Drainage Basin.