By choosing Mitigation Marketing to broker your credits you are choosing a company that has spent 25 years building meaningful connections through longevity in the industry.
Our Services to Mitigation Bankers Include:
- State-Wide Exposure for your project to Potential Users
- Targeted Distribution of Information Regarding the Mitigation Bank
- Turn Key Marketing and Management Services for the Mitigation Bank
- Market Analysis Services to Support Due Diligence for New Potential Mitigation Banks
- Permitting Support for each project
MARKETING, SALES, PROMOTION, AND DEVELOPMENT
Mitigation Marketing manages the brokerage of our each our client’s products from start to finish. This includes marketing, drafting and provision of all related documents, the facilitation + tracking of credit transfers and everything in between.
All administrative services are comprehensive and include the following: securing the project as a sale, drafting Mitigation Credit Purchase Agreements, obtaining the deposit and signed agreement, sending reservation letters to the state and/or federal agencies, tracking permitting status, coordinating necessary credit reservation extensions, invoicing for final payment, tracking state and/or federal permit issuance, coordinating with state and/or federal agencies with credit ledger deductions and credit release schedule.
MM is responsible for developing and implementing strategic sales plans and forecasts to identify new customers and close credit sale deals for each of MM’s mitigation banking ventures. MM is also responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with industry influences and key strategic partners that help facilitate credit sales.
A marketing report is generated quarterly for each mitigation bank and gives detailed information on pending projects and new project leads. This report gives detailed activity and a running log of year to date cash flow with forecasted credit sales.
When the prospective project turns into a sale, payment is received, and state and/or ACOE permit is issued, MM receives a commission of the gross sales amount at closing. During the length of the brokerage agreement, MM will handle all paperwork and correspondence necessary to facilitate the sale and transfer of credits. This includes any marketing brochures, mail-outs, tradeshows, and any correspondence such as drafting all letters of reservation, producing contracts and handling all correspondence regarding credit transfers between the purchaser and the agency personnel. All legal and professional paperwork services necessary to complete the transaction are provided.
COMPREHENSIVE SERVICES INCLUDED IN MARKETING SUPPORT
Dennis Benbow, President of Mitigation Marketing has the experience and expertise to advise mitigation bankers in the pre-permitting phase; as he has been involved with nine different mitigation banks throughout the permitting process since 1994.
We can facilitate the mitigation bank permitting process by assisting with the due diligence phase such as anticipated service area, a forecast credit amount awarded, credit releases, anticipated credit demand and financial obligations. Mitigation Marketing will provide referrals to the most qualified engineers, biologist, and attorneys that have the most experience with mitigation bank permitting in the state of Florida.
Mitigation Marketing represents mitigation banks through pro-active exposure at local, regional and national conferences, seminars and tradeshows. MM currently participates in at least six Florida environmental conferences and tradeshows throughout the year. All of Mitigation Marketing’s mitigation banks are displayed on our marketing materials at each of these shows and conferences. All of our packages have the mitigation banks we service listed as well as our website information where a description of all the ecological and restoration activities that have been performed to enhance the property can be found. Mitigation Marketing not only exhibits at these events, but also is an active sponsor, hosting receptions, lunches, and other opportunities. Each year, Mitigation Marketing hosts and invite-only event which is held yearly at the Florida Chambers Environmental Permitting Conference for networking with environmental consultants, developers, and engineers.
TARGETED DIRECT MAIL CAMPAIGN
MM maintains communication with a network of over 10,000 environmental consultants, engineers, attorneys, developers and agency personnel several times per year. All of MM’s mitigation banks’ information is included in these communications. Direct mail includes postcards, letters, monthly email blasts, invitations to social gatherings and more.
SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
In addition to our targeted mail campaign, MM maintains active on Social Network via LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. In addition to specific bank updates, we provide users with a continuous stream of information including News Releases, Articles, and Upcoming Events or Workshops that affect the Environmental Industry and Mitigation Banking business.
MM visits its clients on a regular basis through presentation on new mitigation banks, new regulations, wetland mitigation, mitigation banking issues, and special events.
MM maintains a statewide database of information regarding all permitted and developing mitigation bank projects. Mitigation bankers have access to bank information such as pricing and permit review status, as well as the ability to request specific market research projects to be undertaken in the future.
MM actively participates in the following organizations and associations:
- Florida Mitigation Bankers Association (FMBA), Committee Person
- Environmental Advisory Group for the FDOT
- Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority Advisory Board (OOCEA)
- Florida Chamber of Commerce
- Osceola- Kissimmee Chamber of Commerce
- Orange County Advisory Boards, Board Member
- Florida Association of Environmental Professionals, Past Board Member
- TEAM Florida
- M-CORES (Multi-Use Corridors of Regional Economic Significance – FDOT)
- Florida Home Builders Association
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Florida Engineering Society
- Audubon of Florida, State Board Member
- Audubon Birds of Prey Center, Board Member
- Commercial Real Estate for Women (CREW)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Florida Environmental Network
- The Nature Conservancy (TNC)
- Women in Transportation (WTS)
- The National Mitigation Banking Association (NMBA), Committee Member
- Florida Bar Association’s Environmental and Land Use Law Section
- Central Florida Association of Environmental Professionals (CFAEP)
- Greater Orlando Builders Association (GOBA)
- ……..AND MORE!
Each banker represented by our company MM’s is consistently updated on industry trends and legislative changes that could affect the mitigation banking industry. MM also actively supports causes that help mitigation banking as well as challenge policies that may hinder the industry.
MM provides clients with the following benefits:
- ARC VIEW/GIS database services – MM can provide clients with all of a project’s mitigation banking options
- Permitting support– MM helps support state and/or federal permitting efforts and challenges
- Cumulative Impact Assessments- MM can arrange for cumulative impact assessments for out of basin impacts on specific projects on an as needed basis, to ensure that the project will be approved by the state and/or federal agencies
- Legal Assistance- Refer competent legal assistance and lobbying efforts provided by a network of experienced attorneys prepared to resolve specific issues
CUSTOMIZED MARKETING PLAN
MM will develop a marketing and business development plan specific to your bank including:
¨ Assist and coordinate the development of marketing materials
¨ Develop and coordinate the sale and transfer process for mitigation credits
¨ Join and represent client banks at appropriate local and state organization meetings
¨ Find appropriate local sponsor opportunities where clients or contacts for referrals are attending
¨ Representation at FDOT and permitting agency meetings related to annual transportation mitigation plan developments.
¨ A computerized contact database for mailers and future contacts for the specific mitigation bank
¨ Implement a direct mail campaign to local contacts
¨ Schedule and implement annual workshops to consultants, attorneys and agency personnel to gain exposure
¨ Organize and promote tours of the bank for any interested prospects
¨ Identify and coordinate meetings with key developers and political champions in the mitigation bank’s service area